Friday, September 10, 2010

Introduction

Although I might think it and even act like it sometimes...I know I am not the only one who feels as though I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. Too many commitments and basic day-to-day things can be overwhelming sometimes. Frustrations and irritations can control my emotions at times before I even realize it. Everyone goes through this from time to time. As Beth Moore begins this study of breaking free from the many types of strongholds that can keep us captive, she reminds us that this is not the life that God wants for us. The words that the God  ( through a prophet) told Gideon in Judges 6:8 is true for us today as well..."I freed you from a life  of slavery." Today our slavery is not the oppression the Israelites suffered under the Egyptians and Midianites. Our masters can come in the form of addictions, poor self esteem, pride, and abuse...just to name a few. When we give our lives to God we may still suffer on this Earth, but His promise of abundant life will never be broken. Life to the fullest does not mean we are slaves to these things, but that through God...when we are obedient to His will...we will overcome these strongholds that weigh us down. Even if the pile of laundry seems endless, our marriage is seeming to fail, our health declines, or other hardships we may endure...we can still have peace knowing that when we let God be in control that He will always give us life to the fullest. We all struggle with some stronghold in our life...but when we give them to God we experience His grace and freedom. I can stay chained down with burdens, or give them over to God. I, for one, think it is time to "break free."

No comments:

Post a Comment