Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The night before it all begins...

Hey, everyone. Even though I love summer, I am glad it is winding down and the fall season is coming. I love this time of year best- maybe because my birthday is in 3 weeks. Ha Ha Ha. Ok...not completely joking but I do love the leaves changing and the cooler air.

I am writing this tonight because I am again going to try to blog my way through a Bible study. I tried with the Beth Moore study of Esther...but after getting back logged for about 2 weeks it became more of a distraction than a tool to help my grow in my walk with the Lord.

Tomorrow- we begin the updated Beth Moore study- "Breaking Free." I never did the original study- but have heard such wonderful things about it. It focuses on the book of Isaiah- such a rich prophetic book. I hope I can at least blog a couple times a week  during this 11-weeks the study lasts. We took a couple month break from our organized Wednesday night ladies Bible study group for the summer- so I am just as excited to get back with my table of great friends. Even though we have talked some on Sundays- it is not the same as our gab fests at the table before and after the study.

Well, as always with a Beth Moore study- and particularly from what I have heard about this one...I am definitely prepared to be broken and grow closer to the Lord. I love that we are asked to memorize scripture. I always say I will "try to" but am so glad that I am challenged to learn 10 new verses- all from Isaiah. It will be hard to top "One In A Million" by Priscilla Shirer though. If you haven't done that one- I would highly recommend it.  That has to be my favorite study I have done by far...followed by the Beth Moore one that focussed on the fruit of the spirit. Both were so good.

Well, I have rambled on enough. Can't wait for tomorrow's night Bible study !!!!! Have a blessed evening.

Robbyn

No comments:

Post a Comment